Aesthetics in design is the primary source identifying the beautiful attributes of a design and draws out the best qualities of the design’s different elements, which includes color, balance, shape, pattern, scale, and visual weight. If selected wisely and esthetically, an aesthetic design, décor, artwork or fashion will work well with the functionality of the design as well as improve its layout.
The popularity of social networks has taken the term “aesthetics” to a different level, wherein it has become akin with “personal style” as numerous influencers and brands use aesthetics to differentiate themselves from the rest. Today, aesthetics is described in a more niche manner with it now having numerous types, and where these types describe your personal style that extends beyond fashion.
Kawaii Room Décor Is Cuteness Overload
One of the most popular type of aesthetic is the Kawaii Aesthetic. If you dig through the origin of the Japanese term “Kawaii”, you’ll learn how it has evolved and was adopted in the Japanese pop culture. In the English, Kawaii stands for cute or cuteness when utilized in language communication. Aesthetically and in reference to Japanese culture, Kawaii takes aim at something adorable, charming, lovable, sweet, innocent, pretty-pretty, and so on (you get the picture). Basically, Kawaii Aesthetic presents itself as “50+ shades of cuteness overload”.
When it comes kawaii room décor and design, creating a Kawaii-inspired room is transforming your space into an overload of cuteness. Since the Kawaii Aesthetic culture has become prevalent and well-known worldwide, there is an abundance of kawaii room décor that will perfectly fit into your Kawaii room. Check out roomdecoraesthetic.com. Moreover, with individuals and brands on social networks flaunting their aesthetics, you will surely find plenty of kawaii room décor and design ideas for more inspiration and to keep your creative juices flowing.
Kawaii Room Décor and Design Guide
Don’t know where or how to begin with your Kawaii room décor? Below is a guide to help you transform your room into absolutely kawaii that will perfectly match and complement your personal kawaiiness style.
- Kawaii Aesthetic Type/Theme. This will help you know how your room would look as well as narrow down what you need and want to incorporate in your room.
- Color Palette. Consider working with pastel color tones such as light blue, pastel pink, purple, or neutral white/cream. Simplicity is important so avoid excessively complex colors or themes. Two to four colors will do. Examples of kawaii color combos: pale yellow+sky blue, pink+peach+white, purple+pale turquoise+pink, pastel purple+pink+white, pastel green+pastel purple+pink.
- Patterns and Motifs. Sweets are common motifs such as cotton candy, cakes, ice creams, macaroons, milkshakes, and boba. Nature-inspired motifs like flowers, sky, clouds, stars, rainbows, and butterflies are also common.
- Furniture. The furniture you choose should tie in with your theme and your color palette. The basic furniture to put in your room includes a bed, study table or workstation, bedside table, bookshelf or shelves, and dresser.
- Motifs and Patterns. Essentially, aim to have the most adorable or cutest kawaii-themed bedding set. Include pillows with kawaii patterns and motifs.
- Plush Toys. Plush toys or plushies are essential kawaii room items as they substantially help in achieving that kawaii vibe in your room. Not to mention, plushies are so adorably cute.
- Lighting. Consider getting a color changing lamp or LED strip. Yellowish white fairy lights which can come in various shapes are perfect for your kawaii room as well.
- Wall Décor. Make sure your wall décor stands out and have that Kawaii factor. You can also personalize a sticker of your name to stick on your wall and small stickers to stick on your dresser, bookshelves, or the sides of your mirror for added Kawaii vibe.
- Accessories. Adorn your room with the cutest kawaii room accessories like plant pots, desk lamp, night light, scented candles, alarm clock, desktop bin, and more.